Today we organised a Middle Eastern inspired buffet to celebrate a birthday in the family. All plantbased and all delicious! Falafel with three different sauces, potato wedges, olives, falafel, liba and pita bread, and the star of the table – tabbouleh.
300 g couscous, uncooked
750 g ripe tomatoes
2 red peppers
1 red onion
300 g parsley, flat leaf type
100 g fresh mint
0,75 dl lemon juice
1,5 dl olive oil
1 tsp salt
• Cut the tomatoes in small cubes and put in a big bowl. Make sure to get all the juices in the bowl.
• Cut red peppers in small pieces, finely chop the red onion and add to the bowl.
• Coarsely chop parsley and mint. Mix well with the vegetables.
• Add lemon juice and olive oil and salt to the mix.
• At last, mix with the uncooked couscous, and leave to soften for at least four hours, or overnight.